- You may contact our Customer Experience Team by telephone. They can be reached on weekdays between 8am and 5pm on 0800 0668531. Or email [email protected] at any time.
- If we experience serious inappropriate behaviour towards our personnel (for example repeated harassment or abusive or aggressive language) we may withdraw your access to certain means of communication with us. We will always try to resolve the problem first and give you fair warning if we consider your behaviour to be serious enough for us to need to withdraw access, but if serious inappropriate behaviour continues after we have warned you then we reserve the right to withdraw your access.
- These terms of service (Terms) are between you and Lemonade Insurance N.V., Spuistraat 112A, 1012 VA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, registered in the Trade Register of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number 73227420, VAT identification number NV NL859409995B01, and Lemonade Agency B.V., registered in the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce under number 75134454 and with VAT identification number NL860156990B01 (Lemonade, we or us).
- Lemonade Insurance NV is authorised and regulated by De Nederlandsche Bank, deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Lemonade Agency B.V. is authorised by the Autoriteit Financiële Markten, deemed authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The nature and extent of consumer protections may differ from those for firms based in the UK. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website. To contact us email [email protected]
Application of These Terms
- These Terms apply to the use of the app ‘Lemonade Insurance’ (the App) and the Lemonade website www.lemonade.com/uk (the Website) and any of the services which Lemonade may provide through the App or the Website other than anything described in clause 2.2 below.
- These Terms do not apply to any insurance contracts that may be concluded through the App or the Website, which are subject to different terms and conditions.
By using the App or the Website you accept these terms
- By using the App or the Website, you confirm that you accept these Terms and that you agree to comply with them.
- Please note that we only provide the App and the Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the App or the Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- By using this app or website you agree to receive your policy documents via electronic mail. If for some reason you'd rather receive your policy as a hard copy, just reach out to us to let us know.
- If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use the App or the Website.
- Downloading the App from a third party provider, e.g. through the Apple AppStore (for iOS devices) or the Google Play Store (for Android devices) is subject to the conditions of the respective third party provider.
- The data requested by the App, or, as applicable, in connection with the Portal, must be given completely and correctly, however errors can be corrected at any time. In order to detect errors during the data input, Lemonade provides the user the technical means in the form of a common check for completeness (controls as to whether all mandatory fields have been completed).
- Registered Users must ensure that the information given is up to date. Personal access data (such as passwords) must not be forwarded to third parties and must be maintained to protect them from the access by third parties. The password should be changed regularly for security purposes. Where there is reason to assume that unauthorised persons have gained knowledge of the access data, the user must inform Lemonade in text form and change his access data immediately.
- The following additional terms also apply to your use of the App and/or the Website:
Changes to these terms
- We amend these Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use the App or the Website, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the Terms that apply at that time.
Changes to the App or the Website
- We may update and change the App or the Website from time to time, for example to reflect changes to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
User Account; Prohibition of Abuse
- Following the conclusion of the user agreement, a personal user account is established for the Registered User. The Registered User ensures that the information communicated by them is up to date at all times, and keeps their access data secret, in particular secures their mobile device against unauthorised access, e.g. by password protection.
Term and Termination; Blocking
- The user agreement is for an indefinite term.
- The Registered User may terminate the user agreement at any time without a period of notice via the corresponding function in the App or in the Portal. Lemonade is entitled to terminate the user agreement with a period of notice of two (2) weeks at all times.
- Lemonade may immediately suspend or terminate your account on the website or App if it reasonably considers that the Registered User has:
(a) acted unlawfully, fraudulently, or in breach of these Terms of Service; or
(b) deliberately provided false or misleading information, or sought to evade any technical or security protections relevant to the App or Website.
Lemonade will inform the Registered User of the reasons for any such suspension or termination.
- The termination of the user agreement will not affect the existing insurance contracts.
Transferring this agreement
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under these Terms.
Users in the UK
- The App and the Website are directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through the App or Website is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
- If you choose a password or you are provided with a user one time password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected]
How you may use material on the App or the Website
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the App or the Website, and in the material published on either of them. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the App or the Website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others to content posted on the App or the Website.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the App or the Website must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on the App or the Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- If you print off, copy, or download any part of the App or the Website in breach of these Terms, your right to use the App or the Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
- The content on the App or the Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You may wish to obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the App or the Website.
Links to other websites
- Where the App or the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- We always try our hardest to provide you with delightful customer care, but if you’re not satisfied with the App or Website (including any third party content which appears on the App or Website) please reach out and let us know.
How to report a complaint
- Report your complaint by telephone to our Customer Experience Team. They can be reached on weekdays between 9am and 6pm on 0800 0226040. Or email [email protected] (make sure you put the word ‘complaint’ in the subject line). Don’t forget to describe the issue as clearly as possible.
What can you expect from us?
- You’ll receive a confirmation of receipt of your complaint within 2 working days.
- We’ll respond within 5 working days. If we can resolve your complaint, our response will let you know the result of our investigation and how we have resolved it.
- If we need more time to resolve your complaint, we’ll let you know. We will always provide a full response within 8 weeks.
Steps we will take
- We will investigate the complaint fully and take into account all relevant factors. We may ask you to provide more information if we need it.
- We will explain the result of our investigation and our decision promptly.
- If we can’t resolve the issue together, you may be able to submit the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), which is an independent dispute resolution organisation. If you are entitled to refer your complaint to the FOS we will inform you of this. More information about submitting a complaint to the FOS can be found at https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/
- If your complaint relates to anything other than the App or the Website (for example your insurance or our insurance services provided through the App or the Website), different terms may apply to your complaints. Please refer to your policy for details.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
If either Lemonade Agency B.V. or Lemonade Insurance N.V. fails or is likely to fail, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme may be able to pay you compensation. You can contract the Financial Services Compensation Scheme by phone on 0800 678 1100, by post by writing to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, PO Box 300, Mitcheldean, GL17 1DY or online via the Financial Services Compensation Scheme’s Website: https://www.fscs.org.uk/contact-us/. The Financial Services Compensation Scheme’s head office is at 10th Floor Beaufort House, 15 St Botolph Street, London EC3A 7QU.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of or in connection with any insurance product(s) you buy through the App or the Website, which will be set out in the policy documents provided to you when you buy such product(s).
How we may use your personal information
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- We do not guarantee that the App or the Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the App or the Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse the App or the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the App or the Website, the server on which the App or the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the App or the Website. You must not attack the App or the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the App or the Website will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to the APP or the Website
- You may link to the homepage of the App or the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association with us or approval or endorsement from us unless agreed with us.
- You must not establish a link to the App or the Website in any website that is not owned by you.
- Neither the App nor the Website may be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the App or the Website other than the homepage.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on the App or the Website other than that set out above, please contact [email protected]
Which country's laws apply to these terms and any disputes?
- These Terms, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and Lemonade (We) both agree to bring any disputes in relation to these Terms in the courts of England and Wales except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.